First Staff Recognition Awards
This week Northern Health held the inaugural Staff Recognition Awards, acknowledging teams and individuals in a wide range of areas who have demonstrated commitment to high quality outcomes.
The six categories and their winners were presented by our Chief Executive Siva Sivarajah, who said that staff recognised at these Awards are exemplars in a positive culture of respect, integrity and care for our patients and each other.
“We know that our staff are key to Northern Health providing excellent care for our patients. Every day, I see examples of how our staff strive to improve care and the experience of patients and families,” he said.
We are delighted to present the six categories and their winners:
1. Patient Experience – recognising an individual or team who made a significant achievement in improving the care experience.
Winner: Jessica Permezel
2. Compassionate care – recognising an individual or team who has shown kindness and compassion towards a patient, family or work colleague.
Winner: Marie Iacopino
3. Excellence in Safety – recognising a team or individual who has assisted in making Northern Health safer for patients, visitors or staff.
Winner: Dean Pritchard
4. Innovation – recognising a team or individual who implemented a better way to deliver care or service through a new idea or initiative.
Winner: Justine Slattery
5. Above and Beyond – an individual who has gone above and beyond in providing care or support to a patient, family or work colleague.
Winner: Vikramjit Multani
6. Rising Star – a staff member recognised as having great potential to grow and develop in their career at Northern Health.
Winner: Lauren Rogers
Northern Health would like congratulate all the winners and thank our nominators, their teams, and our generous sponsors BankVic and Maxxia.